Here you can browse and purchase classes, Crucible memberships and studio access time. When you are ready to purchase your items, you will need to have an account with us.
If you already have an account you can sign in. (Forgot your password? No problem. Have a new password emailed to you.)
If you are new to The Crucible, please create an account.
General Class Information
The Crucible has classes for both adults and youth in a range of time offerings that fit into any schedule. We have classes in 5-week sessions, 10-week sessions, Weekend Intensives, Weeklong Workshops, and 3-hour Tasters in the following areas:
Glass Fusing & Slumping
Glass Casting & Coldworking
Kinetics & Electronics
Neon & Light
Paper & Textiles
Youth Camps & Classes
The Crucible strives to create an environment in which respects its participants’ physical and emotional well-being. Students are expected to conduct themselves with respect for the individuals, the organization, and the facility at all times. Students will review Studio Rules and Group Agreements of The Crucible during their first class. The director reserves the right to enforce these rules and anyone in violation will be subject to consequences including, but not limited to, immediate dismissal from classes without refund.
Crucible Style: What to Wear
• Please wear all natural fiber clothing; nylon, polyester, spandex or other synthetics are not recommended around open flames.
• No flip flops, sandals or open-toed shoes of any kind are allowed in the studio.
• Please dress in long pants; NO SHORTS are allowed in the studio. Skirts are not recommended.
• The studio can be very cold or very hot. Wear layers!
Youth Attending Any Classes
• Parents must accompany youth to the first day of class and must bring a COMPLETED parental consent form and medical authorization form to the first class. Youth will not be able to participate without a completed parental consent form for each class.
• Youth 12 and older can sign up with Adults for any Family Fun class. At the time of registration the name of the youth under 18 and date of birth must be communicated. This can be done over the phone or in the comment section online. A parental consent form must be filled out and brought with the student to the first class.
• Youth 16 and older can sign up for an adult class with the prior consent of the program staff. Registration must be done in person or over the phone. Please be prepared to provide the youth’s name and date of birth. Youth who attend adult classes, without the consent of program staff, will not be able to participate in the class and will not receive a refund.
• If your child will be in class all day, he/she should bring a sack lunch. Morning and afternoon snacks will be provided.
• The Crucible does not allow weapon making in youth classes.
• Please notify staff of ANY physical, social, behavioral or emotional health conditions.
• Before and after-care is not provided.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, check or cash (but please don’t send cash in the mail). Please be prepared to make full payment upon registering. We are unable to hold partially paid slots.
There is a $35 charge for returned checks.
Transfers, Cancellations & Refunds
You MUST TRANSFER 7 DAYS PRIOR TO THE START OF YOUR CLASS. Transfers are based on availability of space and subject to a $25 processing fee.
You MUST CANCEL 7 DAYS PRIOR TO THE START OF YOUR CLASS in order to receive a refund. You will receive a full refund, less a $25 processing fee. If you cancel less than 7 days prior to the start of class, no portion of your class fee will be refunded. There are no exceptions.
THE CRUCIBLE HAS THE RIGHT TO CANCEL ANY CLASS FOR ANY REASON. In some cases, courses are cancelled due to low enrollment. In the event of cancellation, the Crucible will refund your course and materials fees in full.
RETURNED CHECKS: There is a $35 charge for returned checks.
If you have questions or would like to transfer or cancel a class, please email us at email@example.com , or call us at (510) 444-0919.
STUDIO ACCESS LABS
Studio Access Labs provide an opportunity to hone the skills you’ve learned in class, without having to spend a fortune setting up your own shop. Finish that elusive project, or start a new one in a specified area at The Crucible.
Studio Access Lab time is monitored but not instructional. You must be a member to access these labs. Pre-qualification in an area or instructor approval are required if you have not taken a class in the area. You may only use the studio area for which you have signed up. You may use it as much as you like during the scheduled hours.
See our available Studio Access Labs.